< Korea ranks No. 1 in terms of Internet connection speed, penetration rate, and mobile connectivity >
○ Korea ranked No. 1 in the world in terms of Internet connection speed, penetration rate, and mobile connectivity, according to Akamai’s State of the Internet Report.
- The web traffic company’s report also revealed a dramatic increase in the volume and size of DDos attacks, facilitated by the worldwide spread of high-speed Internet access and the increase in average connection speed.
- According to Akamai’s Q2 2014 State of the Internet Report and Q3 State of the Internet – Security Report, the global average connection speed grew 21% to 4.6Mbps, finally exceeding the 4Mbps broadband threshold for the first time.
○ In terms of mobile connectivity, Korea had the highest connection speed at 15.2Mbps, and was the only country with an average speed above the 10Mbps high broadband threshold among countries included in the report.
- The report also named Slovakia(8Mbps), Canada(7Mbps), Venezuela(3.7Mbps), Egypt(2.3Mbps) as the countries with best mobile connectivity within their respective continents.